Friday, January 16, 2009

A Little Comedian

This girl cracks me up!!! We have this book, "Potty Time with Elmo" and it is one of those books with sounds. One of the buttons says, "Let's try and use the potty. HAHAHAHA" Well, here is Isabelle's impression of Elmo.... my favorite part is her imitation of his laugh.



What a goof, right??!?! I recorded the video on my phone the other night and have watched it probably a thousand times. It always makes me giggle.

We converted Isabelle to a big girl bed! Isabelle helped me set up the big girl bed and rearrange her room on Monday. Her crib converts to a double bed so it took her a little while to get used to it. I was cooking dinner while Jason was attaching her furniture to the walls and she said that she wanted a little big girl bed. Awww! The first night she was a little nervous, but now she says she loves her big big girl bed!

She hasn't even gotten out of the bed! She has some dolls in bed with her and some books on her nightstand. She will read and play on her bed but never gets out of it! We are enjoying that time now! I can only imagine how long it will last!

First potty training and now the big girl bed, she seems to be growing up so fast! It is bittersweet, but I am really loving every moment of it! I love how proud she is of herself that she goes in the potty...I love laying in bed with her and reading books before naptime and bedtime...I love jumping in bed with her in the morning....I love how she got a basket from her shelves, turned it upside down and uses it to climb in her bed...and I love not having to lift her into her crib!

She is so fun..I know she is going to be a wonderful big sister. Speaking of, Jason started renovating the nursery. He scraped off the popcorn ceiling and did a knockdown texture on the ceiling. He has also torn down all of the shelving from the closet. This weekend we are hoping to get the trim off and paint the ceiling. It has been a lot of fun looking at all of the trim out there, but is also overwhelming with all of our choices! We are really excited to have gotten started on renovating and remodeling!

Have I mentioned lately that I am DYING for some ice cream????

No comments: