Friday, December 19, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

This morning we woke up to a world of ice! It was supposed to start around 10, but at 10:45 when we went to bed the ice storm hadn't started yet. I woke up a couple times during the night because it was so loud. I was praying it was warm enough out that it was only rain, but no such luck. This morning we were under a level 2 emergency. All of the schools were closed and some businesses too. Jason made it to work safe and sound. He said the roads were really treacherous though.

We have a lot of tree branches down in our yard. The ice looks pretty, but it is so sad how many tree branches are down. I was outside a little bit ago and all you could hear were sirens and ice crashing down through the trees. I didn't venture off of our deck, but it looks like our crabapple and apple trees both got knocked over. There is a tree in the way but I think it looks like our pear tree made it. I can only wonder what the meadow looks like...I valued my life enough not to venture out there with all of the trees everywhere!

Its supposed to warm up enough today to hopefully melt the ice. When we woke up we couldn't see out of any of our front windows as they were coated in ice. Now the ice is melting and we can see somewhat out of some of them.

Anyway, here are some pics of our scenery today!














No comments: