Thursday, December 11, 2008

Potty Training Update

So I just have to share Isabelle's exciting news with everyone!! Yesterday morning when she woke up she said she wanted to wear panties. So we ditched the diaper for a pair of Ariel panties. I had already decided that I wanted to set her up to have an accident so that she would see how uncomfortable it is....that sounds really mean but Isabelle really learns by doing something and she hates to be uncomfortable or dirty so I knew she would really respond well to it. So she got up and I set the timer for 30 mins because she usually doesn't have to go until she has been up for 30 or 40 mins. So when the timer went off I had her come play in the kitchen where the floor is hard and in a few minutes she is freaking out that she peed on the floor and her beautiful Ariel panties are wet...meanwhile I am sitting in a corner totally "Mr. Burns"ing it with my "excellent". We talked about not going potty on the floor and yadda yadda yadda.

I went to go get ready for our playdate when Isabelle comes running into the bathroom screaming that she peed in the potty! She said, "come look Mommy!" She takes me to the bathroom and sure enough she went to the potty all by herself! It was so exciting! I was so proud of her and she was so excited and proud of herself too!!! She got to pick a surprise out..which of course she picked a pack of princess stickers!

Today we were at It's Playtime all morning so she wore a diaper..she wanted to wear panties but I wanted her to be able to play and not have to worry about having to go to the potty every 15 mins or being embarassed by having an accident. Yeah I am pretty laid back about the whole thing. Haha!

She is growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

WooHoo! Jennifer that is so exciting. I hope she sticks with it. Max had a 10 run at PT but he's not doing much anymore. Oh well, I guess that's a boy thing.