Thursday, February 5, 2009

Remodel Update

So quite a bit has happened since the last time I updated about our remodeling! Two weekends ago Jason sanded all of the areas we spackeled...

Jason painted the ceiling...

And Isabelle and I primed and painted the walls...



Primed Walls..


Painted walls..



Now I should probably mention this isn't the first color we painted the walls. I don't even think I took a picture of it because I am trying to forget about it. We picked out a color we LOVED and painted only to find out that when the paint dried it had an olive green tint to it. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! So my week at naptime was spent re-priming and re-painting. Fun stuff!!

Then last weekend Jason started on the trim and casings and I installed the new outlets, switches and lights. I had a little help from Tinkerbell with Cheeto orange fingers.


I am not even going to go into the craziness with the electricity in that room. Basically whoever wired it the first time must have been on crack. I am not even kidding. I'm serious, the closet is wired for a CEILING FAN!??!?!?! I mean, I know its a nice sized closet and all, but seriously!??!?! So it is quite a mess right now. I am taking the week off from dealing with it because my brain was completely burnt out with it all. On a good note though, Jason did an awesome job with the trim! We really love it! For those of you that don't know, we are big fans of nice trim. Its been something we have dreamed about for years so it is soooo nice to finally see it happening! The casings around the doors looks really nice too. He still has to do the trim in the closet and the casings around the window. That is this weekend's project. Then we will either start on the crown moulding or work on finishing the trim by puttying the nail holes and painting it. Hopefully I won't be working on the electrical ALL weekend this time! My fingers are crossed!!!!

No comments: