Sunday, June 14, 2009


First time alone with two kiddos! Well, they were both only awake for about 5 mins before Isabelle went to bed for her nap. hee hee! My family left this morning..boooo! :o( Isabelle was really upset, but we are going to go to the splash park after naptime so I think that will help! 


Schuyler had his 1 week check-up on Tuesday. They were very pleased that he was already back to his birth weight! He is 25th percentile for height and I think it was 15th for weight. And just like his sissy his head is in the 10th percentile. You won't see me complaining about that though! Since we are 2nd time parents and I guess expected to not be so neurotic we don't have to go back until he is 2 months old. I guess we have proved ourselves trustworthy! LOL! 


Isabelle is doing wonderful as a big sister! The first few days home....like Saturday until Tuesday we had her alter-ego living with us who I affectionately call "Claire". Claire normally makes appearances every once in a while...generally when Isabelle isn't getting enough sleep or having a bad day but for those days we didn't really see too much of Isabelle..it was mostly all Claire. And boy was it exhausting! She and I had a talk about how we are both big sisters and I became a big sister when I was her age so I know how hard of a job it is and how she is feeling and all of that good stuff. Isabelle has always responded well to empathy so thank goodness the talk seemed to work and our sweet Isabelle came back to us! I'm sure we aren't out of the woods as far as adjusting goes but it is good now so we are just enjoying our time of calm! 


She is very helpful and loves performing her big sister duties. Every morning after they eat breakfast she will ask for him  to lay on the couch with her and watch cartoons and he ends up falling asleep. It really is so precious and just makes my heart warm and fuzzy.


I had to go and get blood taken on Monday to test my hemoglobin level to see if I needed to take iron to get my blood supply back up. I never got a call from the Dr's office so I am assuming everything looks good. They said I would probably feel pretty crappy for awhile from the loss of blood, but I am feeling pretty good so maybe it replenished itself rather rapidly or something. Who knows, but on to a different subject because just talking about blood makes me a little queasy...


Today is our 6 year anniversary! We went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Chops, on Thursday night to celebrate while Schuyler and Isabelle stayed home and hung out with Gammy. It was nice to get out alone with Jason and have a glass of wine and some normal conversation without constant interruptions for a little chatterbox 3 year old! ;o)   


On Wednesday night Schuyler stayed home with Gammy while me and Jason took Isabelle to Chuck E Cheese. She was really excited about getting some one-on-one time with Mommy and Daddy and we all had so much fun. Originally we had planned that it would just be a Daddy and Isabelle event but when it was mentioned again Isabelle asked me if I could go so we decided it probably wasn't a bad idea for the 3 of us to get out alone. 


Jason took off of work Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday will be my first day "back to work". I am sure we won't even make it out of our pj's between me trying to keep both of their belly's full, taking Isabelle potty and changing Schuyler's diaper! LOL! I definitely hope Jason doesn't expect dinner to be on the table when he gets home from work that night! Haha! 


Well I think that is everything that I needed to update everyone on although I am sure I will think of something else! Both kids are asleep and Jason is at Menards so I think I am just going to sit on the couch and enjoy the silence! :o) 

No comments: