Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Queen of Questions

Isabelle has always been a talker. She started talking early and she hasn't stopped since. She falls asleep talking...she wakes up talking. I have become one of those people that sometimes doesn't even hear my own kid talking. You know, the ones where you are in public and the kid is saying, "Mom....Mom...Mom...MOM" over and over and you just want to say, "OMG LADY ANSWER YOUR KID". Yep, that's me. I now understand those those people though. When you hear a sound 24/7 for 3 years sometimes it becomes white noise. Lately, I have had the inability to tune out this constant babbling. Most of the time it was her singing or talking with her dolls and didn't require me to constantly be listening. Now it is questions...a lot of them.. most of them I am not even sure what the answer is supposed to be.


Why is my doll going to bed?
Can I watch a movie?
Can I have a drink?
Why did Santa send an elf to our house?
Why do my pajama's have pockets?
When can I watch a movie?
Why is Schuyler sleeping?
Why does Schuyler look like a statue when he is sleeping?
Why are you standing up?
Why are there Little Ponies in with the Snap and Style dolls?
Why did Daddy let me watch Scooby Dooby Doo?
Why is it cold out?
Why did Grandma Sipe want me to wear a bib?
Can we go on vacation with Gammy and Papoo?
Can we talk about when I can watch a movie?
Did Aunt Courtney get a new house?
What is Emily's brother's name again?
Where is Aunt Jess's baby?
Where are we going?
Why are we getting dressed?
Why are you putting my clothes away?
What is this?
What is making that "squeak" sound?
Can you tell me about the doorknocker in the Christmas Carol again?
Can I play with Schuyler?
Can you ask Mel-Mel if we can have a playdate at her house with Jack?

*Beating head against wall* AHHHHHHHH!!! I could go on and on.. most of these questions were just asked within the past half hour. The more tired she is the more questions she starts asking. I should have asked for ear plugs for Christmas!!


I don't even like being asked or answering questions...too many questions gives me anxiety. It was one of the (many) things that drove me crazy in the working world..all of the questions that would be asked....most of them questions that didn't need to be asked...the worst kind in m book. The past 3 years have been nice being away from the constant asking of questions but now I like with the Queen of Questions. She is lucky she is cute.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love it! And tell her Aunt Courtney's still working on the new house thing, but I'll be sure she's the first to know :)